Why you shouldn't sacrifice your hearing health for a cheaper hearing aid?
When you invest in a new pair of hearing aids, it’s important that they match your lifestyle, needs, and budget. Here we will discuss what factors go into determining the best option for you and the importance of why you shouldn’t sacrifice your hearing health for a cheaper hearing aid.
Hearing aids have come a long way in recent years. Technology has drastically improved, making hearing aids more comfortable and less noticeable than ever before. With these advancements, it’s no wonder that the average price of hearing aids has increased.
While the cost of hearing aids is a major factor for many people, it’s important to keep in mind that your hearing health is priceless. When you consider the cost of not being able to hear properly, a few extra dollars for a high-quality pair of hearing aids seems like a small price to pay.
Why you shouldn’t buy cheap hearing aids?
Hearing loss can be caused by many things such as exposure to loud noises, aging, or certain medical conditions. It’s important to get your hearing checked so you can understand what type of hearing aid will work best for you.
Read more about Hearing Tests and Hearing Loss here.
There are many reasons why you should avoid cheaper hearing aids.
- Cheaper hearing aids might be less effective and have poorer sound quality. This can lead to cognitive impairments and a decrease in the quality of your life. You are also taking the risk of buying a hearing aid that could potentially damage your hearing even further.
- Don’t let cost be the only factor you consider when making such an important decision. Losing your hearing is irreparable, and once it’s gone, you can never get it back.
- You should always consult with a hearing specialist to get their professional opinion on what type of hearing aid would be best for you. Don’t decide based on saving a few dollars, your hearing is too important for that.
- Cheaper hearing aids can only give you temporary relief and won’t be able to meet your needs.
How to find the perfect hearing aids for you?
A good hearing aid should be comfortable to wear, have a good fit, and be durable.
When you’re looking for hearing aids, always consult with a qualified audiologist who can help you find the best device to meet your needs. Trying to save money on hearing aids might end up costing you more in the long run.
The steps you should take is…
- Book an appointment with your local hearing specialist. Consult with your specialist to have your hearing test done by an Audiologist. Ask for their unbiased opinion on what type of hearing aid would be best for you and that suit your budget.
- Get to know your hearing diagnostic test. It’s important to understand what the test results mean and how it will impact your choice of hearing aid.
- Decide which hearing aid and ask for a hearing aid trial. After your hearing test your hearing specialist will also be able to advise you on the different hearing aids available so that you can make an informed decision. If you are happy with your decision, ask for a hearing aid trial, so you know exactly how it feels like to wear hearing aids. This is important because it allows you to test out the hearing aid to see if it’s a good fit for you before making a purchase.
- Get fitted for your hearing aid. Once you’ve decided, it’s time to get fitted! The hearing specialist will take measurements of your ear and create a mould of your hearing canal. They will use a non-allergenic silicone to create an impression of your ear, which will create a custom-fit earmold or custom hearing aid.
- Start using your hearing aid. After you’ve been fitted for your hearing aid, you may need to wait for a week when they place an order. Once your hearing aids arrive, your hearing specialist will program your hearing aid based on your audiogram and give you instructions on how to use it. They will also go through with you how to maintain them.
- Warranty and Conditions. After receiving your hearing aids register and understand the warranty terms so that you’re covered in case of any manufacturing defects.
- Regular Maintenance. You should also keep in mind that hearing aids require regular maintenance, so make sure you have the right tools, and you are following the correct procedure when cleaning your hearing aids.
- Regular Hearing Tests and Appointment. Even if you’re wearing hearing aids, you should still have regular hearing tests to make sure your hearing loss hasn’t progressed and to fine-tune your hearing aid settings if necessary.
Advanced Hearing Aid Technology vs Cheap Hearing Aids.
Although some people might think that they can save money by buying a cheaper hearing aid, it’s important to know that you get what you pay for.
Cheaper hearing aids are less likely to have features like noise cancellation and feedback suppression, which means they won’t be as effective in noisy environments. It also might not have the same level of durability or be as comfortable to wear.
In contrast, hearing aids from a reputable provider may recommend advanced technology hearing aids so you can have a better listening experience.
Why choose an advanced hearing aid technology?
Cheaper hearing aids will only have a few features that you could use for your hearing. It is not as effective as the ones that have advanced hearing aid technology.
Some features of an advanced hearing aid are:
- Noise cancellation – this feature helps reduce background noise so you can focus on the person in front of you.
- Feedback suppression – this feature helps reduce the whistling sound that can sometimes be heard when wearing hearing aids.
- Directional microphones – this feature allows you to hear people in front of you more clearly while reducing the noise from the sides and back.
- Wireless connectivity – this feature allows you to connect your hearing aid to other devices, such as your TV or phone.
- Custom Programming – this feature gives you a personalized experience. You can choose from a variety of settings to find the one that works best for you. You can use different programs for different environments.
- Improved sound quality – With an advanced hearing aid, you can enjoy a clear and natural-sounding experience.
- Better durability– Advanced hearing aids are made with high-quality materials that are designed to last.
- Comfort – With different styles and models to choose from, your hearing aids are made specifically for comfort and for your ears only.
- AI built-in – with new technology rising, the most well-known hearing aid manufacturer have introduced new hearing aids with Artificial Intelligence (AI) built into the hearing aid. This helps the hearing aid learn and adapt to your listening environments and provides a more personalised experience.
- Smart charger – new hearing aids come with a portable charger that you can use to charge your hearing aid on the go.
- Smaller and Lighter – New hearing aids are smaller and lighter than ever before.
- Rechargeable Batteries – You no longer have to worry about buying batteries for your hearing aid. With the new rechargeable batteries, you can simply place your hearing aid on the charger when you’re not using it and it will be ready to go when you need it.
- Better speech understanding – With new technology, hearing aids can now provide a better speech understanding in noisy environments. This is important for people who have a hard time hearing in places like restaurants or crowded rooms.
- Intelligent Features – Some advanced hearing aids can pick up sound and analyse the sound scene an enormous amount per second. This helps the hearing aid decide on how to best amplify the surrounding sounds.
- Water and dust resistant – With new technology, some hearing aids are now water and dust-resistant. This means you can wear them in many environments without worry.
- Better customer service – When you buy from a reputable provider, you’re getting the best customer service. You’ll have access to a team of hearing specialists who can help you with anything you need.
Before deciding on hearing aids, it’s important to consider all the factors involved. Cheaper hearing aids might seem like a good deal at first, but they won’t provide you with the same level of quality or features as hearing aids from a reputable provider. With your hearing health, it’s worth spending a little extra to get the best possible product.
The information on this website is provided for educational purposes only. We do not support, nor recommend any products or treatments without proper hearing diagnostic and proper hearing evaluation. All users must seek professional advice before beginning treatment as well as inform themselves of known side effects/risks associated with said procedure(s).